HANDOUT IMAGE: Jon Stewart. Indecision 2006 — “Battlefield Ohio: ‘The Daily Show’s’ Midwest Midterm Midtacular”
President Obama’s biggest problem when it comes to selling the American public on the so-far rocky rollout of his health-care law isn’t John Boehner or Mitch McConnell or even Ted Cruz. It’s Jon Stewart.
Stewart, the host of the wildly popular “Daily Show” on Comedy Central, has emerged as a harsh critic of healthcare.gov and the Obama Administration’s inability to fix it.
Stewart dedicated the entire first 10 minutes of his show — three full segments — on Monday to slashing hits on the Web site and the president’s handling of the problems. He compared Obama to “Gil”, the hapless salesman from “The Simpsons”, showed “Daily Show” correspondent John Oliver stuck in a computer after trying to sign up for Obamacare and expressed amazement that even the calculator on the healthcare.gov Web site doesn’t work. (And, remember, Stewart was heavily critical of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius during an appearance on his show earlier this month.)
Here’s a clip from Monday that captures Stewart’s critique (it may not be safe to play at work for some of you):
Who cares what a late night comedian/talk show host thinks? President Obama should if viewership details on Stewart’s show are right.
According to a 2012 Pew Research Center poll, “The Daily Show” has the second largest share of young viewers — aged 18-29 — of any of the 24 media outlets tested. (The only one with a higher number of young viewers was the “Colbert Report”.)
- How Jon Stewart became President Obama’s biggest problem (washingtonpost.com)
- Jon Stewart Shreds The Obamacare Website Rollout Disaster (businessinsider.com)
- Jon Stewart: ‘When Did the President of the United States Turn Into Gil From The Simpsons?’ (newsbusters.org)
- Kathleen Sebelius’ Interview With Jon Stewart Didn’t Go So Well | Video (theblaze.com)
- Video: Jon Stewart and the “Spinning Beachball of Health Care” (hotair.com)
- Jon Stewart Destroys Obama Cabinet Member During Trainwreck Of An Interview On Obamacare (businessinsider.com)
- The Problem With Jon Stewart’s Sebelius-Obamacare Interview (sgtreport.com)
- Jon Stewart Rips Obamacare Rollout: Democrats Can’t ‘Spin This Turd’ (pjmedia.com)
- Video: Stewart rips Sebelius over ObamaCare (hotair.com)